Marjorie, Jennifer and Miriam are joined today with Crystal Hosea, creator of Legends of the Staff of Musique, a comprehensive music curriculum inspired by the unique environment of home education, and incorporating movement and art alongside the voice.
- Introduction - Crystal explains how Legends of the Staff of Musique explores music in a holistic way through singing and movement.
- 3:50 - How do you bring singing to your children if you are not a confident singer yourself?
- 6:33 - If you feel you sing off-key all the time, should you still sing to your children or will you be teaching them to sing off-key?
- 8:30 - How do you incorporate singing into your day rather than having it just be a lesson time?
- 15:00 - What is the purpose of learning folksongs versus pop songs and what is, any is your personal preference?
- 24:45 - What if your child of whatever age is resistant to singing and think it's lame or dumb?
- 38:30 - How is brain development affected by singing?
- 43:40 - Why did you incorporate art into your music curriculum, Legends of the Staff Musique
- 49:30 - Nature Minutes
Jennifer Gehman is a co-creator of Wildwood Curriculum, a certified teacher, and a facilitator-in-training with the Neufeld Institute. She lives and plays with her partner and five children in Canada. Though three of her oldest have graduated from homeschool they still ask her to edit their university papers. Her youngest two are still learning in the living room.